We have updated our privacy policies to reflect changes we’ve made to protect your privacy rights and provide greater transparency around the ways we collect, process, and use personal information. This privacy notice applies to any Skyline ATS website, application, service or tool (collectively “Services”) where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
What Information We Collect
We collect data on our customers for the sole purpose of providing them with the best possible service.
Data and personal information that may include the following:
Training / Registration / Enrollment:
If you register, enroll in a class or are a training participant (“student”), you and/or your employer (or other third party paying for training) supplies us with your contact information such as: name, email address, physical address and phone number. We also sometimes ask for additional identifying information such as an employee ID number, job title and company. We do not ask for nor do we process sensitive personal information.
Additional information we may collect at time of enrollment or registration:
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as course attendance, course progress, user preferences and a record of your training).
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send course materials, invoices, and other information.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in communications, events, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
In interacting with our Services, we collect IP address and data associated with cookies.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Additional information we may collect when using our Services:
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, and unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log-in information.
- We may provide personal information to course instructor(s) and/or delivery partner personnel involved in the delivery of Services in order to verify attendance, provide supplemental materials, or to communicate with or mentor students about their enrolled or past courses.
- We may provide personal information to third-party platform providers in association with virtual course delivery and remote labs.
- For students taking third party-authorized courses we may provide personal information to the authorizing party to verify enrollment and/or attendance.
- We may provide personal information to third-party companies providing invoicing and/or distribution services.
- We may provide personal information to third-party companies providing quality control services and/or conducting course satisfaction or other surveys.
Personal Information We Collect Using Cookies and Similar Technologies
Personal Information Collected From Other Sources
As described above, we collect contact information from you, your employers and other third parties who make purchases on your behalf.
We may supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties and add it to your account information.
We allow you to share information with social media sites or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and content you have shared).
You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you.
By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
When We Collect The Information
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for a training account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, provide us information at a trade show or other event, or when you otherwise correspond or engage with us.
We also collect information when orders are placed from the party making the order. This information is typically provided by an employer but may be provided directly by you or another third-party purchasing services on your behalf.
Your Choices About How We Use Your Personal Information
We endeavor to provide you with choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, and how we provide you with individualized Services and relevant information.
There are some instances, however, where the processing of your information may be limited or determined by others. If your data was provided to us by your employer (or other party paying for our Services on your behalf), we will process the data based on the legitimate interests of your employer in having us provide Services to you in the context of that relationship.
We may also process your personal information regarding our legitimate interest in compliance and maintaining business records. You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information in these circumstances by contacting us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience in using our Services, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
If we received your personal information from an employer in connection with the provision of Services, we will use that information to communicate with you and provide the Services. We may also provide information about your use of the Services to your employer.
Information about Services provided to a specified individual may appear in invoices and other financial records. We may also process and retain personal information for purposes of compliance with laws and regulations.
Ways You Can Access, Control and Correct Your Personal Information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, although this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
You can request removal of your personal information by emailing us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to remove your personal information.
How We Might Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to Skyline ATS internal departments such as our Customer Service Representatives, Professional Services, Sales Enablement, Operations, Marketing and/or Course Development groups to aid us in providing you with the best customer experience.
This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to some of our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms & Conditions or other agreements, to facilitate our marketing activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services and otherwise comply with the law. We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
Skyline ATS does not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
How We Store Your Personal Information
We use third-party cloud technologies for the hosting of data.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services, or for other essential purposes such as maintaining financial and tax records, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Additional Information for California Residents
This section provides information organized in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for residents of California about how we handle certain personal information we have collected over the past 12 months.
Collect. The section above entitled What Information We Collect discloses the categories of personal information that we collect.
Use. The section above entitled How We Use Your Personal Information discloses how we use your personal information.
Since Skyline ATS sells enterprise products to businesses, and not directly to consumers, we do not knowingly collect any information from children.
Requests for Deletion, Copy and Right to Know Your Information. California consumers have the right to make the following requests, which we endeavor to honor from non-California residents as well:
Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
Copy and Right to Know. You have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of information, sources, and purposes of collection, as well as categories of third parties we have shared it with.
Designated Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request on your behalf. That agent must have access to your account for us to verify the request.
You may submit deletion, copy and right to know requests by emailing us at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination. Skyline ATS will not discriminate against you, including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services should you choose to exercise your options under the CCPA.
Your California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law.California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties.
If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Contact Us